As wellness continues to grow in popularity, we are learning more and more about the benefits of some herbs that we have overlooked.
Kelp algae grows in all the oceans of the world, but is usually found in the North Atlantic and Pacific, as well as in the Baltic Sea, and is also known by the names fucus, bubbly bracus and Fucus Vesiculosus. Kelp algae is rich in iron, sodium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium and potassium, and has a high presence of several vitamins and amino acids.
Kelp algae is available in various forms and offers incredible health benefits. Here are 10 reasons to trust her:
1. Regulates thyroid function – Due to the naturally high levels of iodine found in kelp algae, one of its first uses was to prevent iodine deficiency known as goiter which results in swelling of the thyroid gland which can lead to swelling of the neck and throat. Kelp algae is most commonly used in the regulation of thyroid hormones to prevent swelling.
2. Help with weight loss – Kelp helps speed up metabolism, increasing the speed at which the body digests food. There is a noticeable increase in the popularity of kelp noodles that do not contain fat, cholesterol, proteins or sugars, and one meal contains less than 10 calories.
3. Strengthens bones – Kelp is incredibly rich in calcium since it contains more than milk. Daily intake of this algae can strengthen bones and prevent osteoporosis.
4. The right exercise formula – Kelp is full of vitamins and minerals that your body needs after strenuous activities. It is full of amino acids that help your body rebuild muscles and provide you with the energy you need to exercise. Due to the low number of calories, kelp is very popular as a meal replacement supplement.
5. Reducing the chance of getting cancer – A study conducted by the University of California, Berkeley, showed that women who consumed regular amounts of algae had lower serum levels of estradiol and phytoestrogens. Other research has shown that women in Japan, whose diet usually involves a high intake of kelp algae, traditionally have a lower risk of breast, ovarian and endometrial cancer.
6. Increased immunity – most seaweed contains some type of alkali, ionic salt. Alkalis balance the levels of acidity in the body, preventing poor digestion and the appearance of stomach ulcers. Kelp is also known to boost the immune system, which increases resistance to infections and prevents fever.
7. Skin Care – Many face masks and cleansers basically have this algae. It is believed that this ingredient can refresh the skin and give it a radiant look, but also prevent the appearance of acne. Kelp hydrates the skin and at the same time provides deep cleansing.
8. Anti-inflammatory effect – One of the main components found in kelp algae is fucoidan which is a complex carbohydrate that acts as a powerful anti-inflammatory agent. Kelp helps reduce inflammation in injured tissues and relieves joint pain resulting from rheumatism and rheumatoid arthritis. Kelp also has the ability to shrink an enlarged prostate in men.
9. Improves the health of the circulatory system – Kelp has been shown to be effective in strengthening the circulatory system while helping to reduce cholesterol levels. Since kelp algae is usually found in climatic conditions where the water is colder, it naturally has a high level of nitrogen. This kelp provides the property of cleaning and strengthening the walls of blood vessels and reduces the amount of deposits on the arteries.
10. Helps detoxify the body – Kelp is a natural diuretic. Cleanses the body of harmful toxins and excess water.
Kelp is known to cause nausea and diarrhea in some people. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, it is best to avoid taking kelp because it has not been tested in a controlled situation. Take a look at the eVitamins offer today, where you can find many products based on kelp as well as other products to improve your health.